CALL FOR NATIONAL VOLUNTEERS
Government of India seeks young persons to help channelise their energies and capabilities towards nation building activities by organizing them into volunteers groups. You shall be asked to spearhead campaigns/ awareness programme about health, literacy, sanitation, gender and other social issues and may also be called upon to assist the administration in emergency or implementation of various programmes.
i) Education – At least class XII Pass ( Class X for J&K and North East)
ii) Age – Between 18 and 25, i.e. should be born not before________ and not later than __________.
Rs. 2500/- p.m. all inclusive for two years. This is neither a paid employment nor confers any legal right on the volunteer to claim employment with the Government.
How to Apply:
Visit the Department‟s website for details of the Scheme, application proforma and apply to the under-mentioned officer by (date)__.
Office of District Youth Coordinator,
Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan,
Nehru Yuva Kendra (full address)
(Rest of India Volunteers)
Subject: Offer of Engagement as Volunteer under the National Youth Corps (NYC) – regarding.
On the basis of the recommendation made by the Selection Committee constituted for the purpose, it is informed that you have been selected for engagement as a Volunteer under the National Youth Corps (NYC). The terms and conditions of engagement are as under:
1. The engagement is purely on voluntary basis, for a maximum period of two years. The volunteer shall perform such duties as assigned to him/her by the competent authority.
2. During the period of engagement, Honorarium of Rs. 2500/- per month (all inclusive) will be paid. No other allowances shall be admissible.
3. Volunteer will be entitled to grant of 12 days causal leave each year as amended from time to time.
4. Engagement carries the liability to serve in any part of the district.
5. Volunteer is not entitled for Traveling Allowance for joining.
6. Other conditions of service will be governed by the Scheme guidelines of National Youth Corps (NYC) and orders issued from time to time.
7. Engagement is on full time basis and the volunteer will not accept any other assignment during this period.
8. In case work of volunteer is not found satisfactory, the deployment can be terminated at any time by a notice of one month.
9. The deployment can also be terminated by the volunteer by giving one month notice.
10. Volunteer will not have any claim or right for regular appointment to any post under the deploying agency/department.
11. The volunteer will bring certificate of medical fitness from Authorized Medical Attendant (AMA) at time of his/her joining. Continuation of engagement is subject to physical fitness. He/She is liable to be discharged from the said engagement in case found medically unfit.
12. If the above terms and conditions are acceptable, you are required to submit an undertaking as in the enclosed proforma and report to the undersigned within 7 days of receipt of this letter.
District Youth Coordinator
Nehru Yuva Kendra